Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Join us virtually for the Day of Empathy!
We will be having four virtual events during Michigan’s Day of Empathy on Wednesday, March 25th!
10:00 am Clean Slate virtual discussion
11:30 am Pregnancy in Prison: Standards of Care
1:00 pm Featured speaker, Aswad Thomas, Crime Survivors for Safety and Justice
3:00 pm Michigan Task Force on Jail and Pretrial Incarceration
We are also asking that everyone take the empathy pledge at 9:00 am PT // 12:00 pm ET. The empathy pledge allows us to stand in solidarity with our incarcerated community members. Join us by going live on any of your social profiles at this time and taking the empathy pledge with us.
Take the pledge HERE!
We are grateful for our event co-sponsors that, as of February 21, 2020, include:
- American Friends Service Committee Michigan Criminal Justice Program
- Citizens for Prison Reform
- Crime Survivors for Safety and Justice
- Michigan Center for Youth Justice
- Michigan Faith in Action
- Nation Outside
- Still Standing
- University of Michigan Carceral State Project
- University of Michigan Prison Creative Arts Project
Last updated Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Safe & Just Michigan hosts a range of educational events that strengthen relationships and support our policy agenda. Below is a selection of our past events.