Read>> CAPPS Consensus Spring 2012
● FY 2013 budget proposals. See page 16.
● Guest Columns in Center for Michigan’s Bridge magazine
Barbara Levine, on impact of cuts on prisoners, families. See page 4;
Richard Stapleton, on presumptive parole. See page 5;
Paul Reingold, on parolable lifers. Seep page 6.
● Bill to reform judicial veto process for lifers due soon. See page 9.
● Jail placement for Level I prisoners means few programs, privileges. See page 11.
● Lansing State Journal Opinion: Private prison bill has many flaws. See page 8.
● Jeff Gerritt on opening debate over sentencing reforms. See page 14.